Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

22 Weeks - Bedrest and Showers

I headed up to Columbia today for our 22 week (and 1 day) checkup with my Mom and sister in tow.  Wade graciously agreed to take a week off so that they could tag along and watch the ultrasound.  I'm happy to report that there is not much to tell!  Babies' heart rates were all good as usual and the cervix was still measuring beyond good at 4.8 cm.  I forgot to write down my blood pressure, but it was decent and my blood sugars are still looking good.  Next week we will do measurements to estimate the babies' weights, so it will be exciting to see how much they have grown since we did estimates three weeks ago.  Speaking of weight, while there is NO WAY I will ever tell what mine is, I am happy to report that being off my feet has contributed to me losing 4 pounds of water weight this week!

The doctor continues to be very happy with how things are progressing to this point.  Up until now, my goal has been to make it to 34 weeks with this pregnancy, but he commented today that if everything continues to go well, he would wait until 36 or 37 weeks to deliver.  Valentine's day would be 36 weeks, so I am going to make that my new (if extremely aggressive) goal for now.

Here are a few ultrasound pictures from today:

Baby A - Knees up by her face
Baby B - Looking at the camera
Baby C - Butt and legs in the air - and someone else's feet???


All 3 heads
 I have managed to survive my first week of bedrest!!!  Of course I had the excitement of two showers during the week so that helped a lot.  The only thing I really have to look forward to from here on out are doctor's appointments.  But for the most part, I think that I am settling into the bedrest pretty well.  It's really nice being able to spend so much time with the kids since I had been working so much.  Also, for those of you who complain that they can never get a hold of me, I can pretty much guarantee you that unless I am sleeping, I have been answering all of my phone calls for a change!

Finally, here are a few pictures from my shower at the library.  I will miss everyone there so much and the shower was an awesome going away gift!




As if that weren't enough, my wonderful sister threw a beautiful family shower for me as well this weekend.  Here are just a couple of pictures from it (I was too busy opening all my awesome gifts to take pictures):

The cake that matched the invitations

The awesome diaper cake that my mom made



They forced me to do a belly shot!  Don't worry - you won't see these too often :)
I am grateful beyond words for the generosity of my family, friends and coworkers!!! You have all been wonderful!

Well, another week of leisure ahead of me....our next doctor appointment will be Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy,
    This is so awesome to look at each week! I almost cried reading your blog today and looking at your pictures, they were all so wonderful!! This will be great for your baby girls to look back on when they are older! Your such a good person and mommy!! Love you girl!!

    TW..:)

    ReplyDelete